Here are a few more photos from Priya's wedding.
Some of the beautiful saris donned by wedding guests.
Some of the beautiful saris donned by wedding guests.

Chris in line for food at the cocktail hour. I didn't partake in the delicious Indian fare because I was sure there would be more at the reception.

Little did I know that between the cocktail hour and the reception that this turned from a traditional Indian wedding to a traditional American reception. Even Priya changed into a wedding gown.

She kept a touch of India in the intricate and beautiful henna designs up to her elbows (and feet/ankles, but I didn't photograph that). Not that she could wash it off - henna lasts for several days or even weeks. Tradition dictates that the bride can't do any housework until the henna fades completely. I want some henna!

The bridesmaids also changed out of their saris. Tanya and I had time for a quick chat and photo. I also had the chance to finally meet her mom, whom I'd heard much about during our days working at Barnes&Noble.com.

The night wouldn't be complete without a self-taken photo in which Chris doesn't think he looks good. Oh, come on, doesn't he look cute? Although a smile would be nice...
2 comments:
These pictures are so great! Chris looks a little out of style in the food line.
I assume someone paints the henna on the hands and feet - it is so intricate and beautiful.
I'm so glad that you shared all of this with us and that you were able to go...
Love,
Mom
You left out the best part....all you can eat smoked salmon...where can I get good smoked salmon in MN?
Post a Comment