Do you know where your tax dollars go?

I found this breakdown of how our income tax dollars are allocated. I don't know how these numbers compare to the past, but I have a feeling the first two have not always accounted for half our tax dollars.

For every $100 in income tax:
  • $32 goes to national defense
  • $19 goes to interest on the national debt
  • $15 goes to supplemental programs such as TANF, child tax credits, and farm subsidies
  • $14 goes to health
  • $6 goes to education, employment, and social services
  • $4 goes to transportation
  • $2 goes to administration of justice
  • $2 goes to environment and natural resources
  • $2 goes to international affairs
  • $1 goes to community and regional development
  • $1 goes to agriculture
  • $1 goes to science, space, and technology
  • $1 goes to the commerce and housing funds

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ISN'T IT INTERESTING HOW PEOPLES' PERCEPTIONS ARE SO DIFFERENT FROM REALITY. I DOUBT THAT 10% OF THE PUBLIC WOULD COME UP WITH A LIST CLOSE TO THIS.

DAD