Observations and Activities

I was in Chicago (well, way out in the suburbs) for work last Friday. Nothing exciting that day, but my evening at O'Hare was interesting. I arrived at 7:30 to find that my 8:09 flight was delayed until 10:45. Ugh!

I'll spare you the United Airlines details...but after a flight change I made it out at about 11:45. The worst part is that there is only one sit-down restaurant in the entire B terminal. And it was a Chili's with a limited and extremely mediocre menu!

I did make one interesting observation, though. I'm pretty sure the terminal had converted a restroom into a Starbucks. I didn't have a camera and it's too hard to describe but it was odd - trust me!

I slept in on Saturday and after some quality tv watching Chris and I went to the gym and then when we came home we cleaned up the yard. That's a lot of activity for us!

Despite some serious clean-up, the landscaping and grass still look rough, but are good enough for now. The good news about the anemic-looking grass is that it won't have to be mowed often. Chris is thinking about getting a manual mower, which I think is a great idea. Especially if mowing is not on my chores list!

Sunday included more bonding with the television, a walk (finally!) to a great restaurant for lunch, Chris went to the gym again and I ran some errands. I also rotated my summer wardrobe upstairs. Hooray!

We've got some busy weekends coming up, so it was nice to relax but still get a few things done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about you guys - sounds like a good weekend! And... you are all practiced up in yard cleaning for next weekend!!
Mom

Amber said...

We also had a crazy weekend, I am having a rummage sale on Sat so the whole weekend was spent cleaning out the storage unit and getting ready for our HUGE sale.