"Laura Bush '08"
huh? Can someone explain this to me? I just don't get it.
I interpret this as a message that she is qualified since she is the wife of a president. If that's the intent, it's an obvious dig at Hillary Clinton. Unfortunately, these two people are extremely different in terms of their qualifications.
Let's start with the fact that Clinton is a US Senator. Laura Bush was a teacher and librarian who hasn't had a job in over 30 years. This is a legitimate and even laudable life choice, but certainly not presidential.
Maybe I'm missing the irony or humor, but I really don't think so.
7 comments:
I'm wondering how many losers are driving around with that bumper sticker?
Mom
LOL @ MOM! I enjoy your snarky comments. :)
Maybe there is another Laura Bush running for a local office...
www.laurabushforptapresident.com
Seriously, that made my blood boil.
On a side note...I CRACK up when people say, "I'm a teacher...but I haven't taught in 20 years." or "I'm a nurse, but I've been home with my kids for 25 years."
How can you consider yourself in the profession but haven't done it in years?
That would be like me saying, "I'm a Elementary student...but I haven't been in Elementary school since the late 80's!"
Question: When do you think Hillary should hang it up? Now, or drag it on until the convention?
Anonymous: I will be writing about this topic after the June 3 primaries. That should answer your question!! :)
Who do you want in the White House next year? A democrat or republican? If the answer is what I think it is...then Bill, I mean she, should hang it up now.
Post a Comment