I haven't been much of a blogger the past few days. It's hard when many of your readers participate in your activities ~ there's not much to say. However, there was some excitement over the weekend that I can't help but mention.
~ Mom and Grandma Dottie traveled here to see Angie dance in the State Dance Tournament on Saturday. Chris and I met them at the tournament, where Chris was a first time fan. I knew he would like it!
~ While Angie and team were phenomenal in high kick on Saturday (and Jazz on Friday, from what I hear), they didn't make the finals. It's hard to imagine what was going through the minds of the judges, given some teams who did make the finals, but there's enough subjectivity in the sport that we will just never know why...
~ Finalists or not, it was so much fun to watch Angie dance. And this was her second trip to the Xcel this year (the first was the State Volleyball Tournament), so all in all a pretty spectacular senior year!
~ After the tournament, Mom, Grandma, Bonnie and Duane came over to our house. It was Grandma's first visit and while we haven't fixed a thing since we moved in (except the furnace ~ twice, grrr), she was sweet enough to act impressed. We ordered in some dinner and chatted for a couple of hours before they went back to Delano for the evening.
~ On Sunday, Melissa and I ventured out for more cross country skiing. This time, we went to Hyland Lake Park Reserve. While only a few miles away from our prior skiing location ~ wow ~ did it feel a world away. Rather than skiing on a snow covered golf course, Hyland's trails are nearly all wooded. We liked this location so well we plan to return next weekend.
~ There were quite a few little kids cross country skiing ~ some appeared to be Trevor's age, but may have been a little older. Look out Amber ~ next year he's going with me!!
~ Chris opted not to ski in order to get ready for his work trip to North Carolina. He'll return late tonight to a 70 degree temperature dip. Yikes! Sometimes it's better to just stay in the cold...
2 comments:
I am sure that Trevor would love to ski with you but I know he would become very impatient. Glad you had a good weekend.
We had a visit from your dad and grandma Julie so that was fun!!
You're going crazy with the tilde today!! ~~~
Good report about the weekend - it sure was fun to just crash at your place on Saturday.
Love ya,
Mom
Post a Comment