Can one of you wise South Dakotans please explain to me why your state House of Representatives found it necessary to pass a bill allowing (inviting?) students to carry guns on public college campuses?
Don't get up in arms (pun intended), folks. I love guns! Shotguns and rifles for hunting and even handguns for protection out on those mean gravel roads...as long as you're not a criminal and don't use them to harm people, own a hundred guns if you want to!
But could anyone possibly, ever, under any circumstance have a need, let alone a use for a gun at SDSU? I mean, the squirrels can get kind of aggressive as winter approaches, but wouldn't a rock or a loud shout be a more appropriate deterrent?
Why, oh why, waste the already limited tax dollars of South Dakotans pursuing such a meaningless piece of legislation? This comes on the heels of legislation proposing $1 million to fund a horse slaughter plant. That bill is dead and I don't really have an opinion on it, except to say that I think there are better ways to spend $1 million supporting new business in the state.
Does anyone else sense a connection between this nonsense and their new four-day work week? Too much time for *creative* thinking, perhaps?
1 comments:
I agree Jen.
Dad
Post a Comment