An additional $1 million referendum for a second gym didn't pass, but to me this seemed excessive. It must have to whomever decided to put it on a separate referendum, too.
Why, you might ask, do I care about what happens in a small town in which I'll never live and a fancy school building in which no one I'm related to will probably ever attend school? Of course there's the obvious nostalgia of seeing my former school become a better place that will be there for future generations. Let's not forget the positive impact a stable (maybe growing?) school will have on the town.
But I think the most encouraging aspect of this outcome is the support for the referendum shown by people without kids in school and who may not even live in Ivanhoe long enough to reap any benefits of their increased tax burden. That's a shout out to you, Mom and Dad!!
EDIT: I have to give Jack credit as well. This was his first time voting!
1 comments:
Yes, we were pretty excited that this passed! After all these years of trying to get some cooperation from the surrounding schools, I'm glad at least a slim majority voted to DO SOMETHING!!!
Mom
Post a Comment