In addition to Spanish, I also signed up for a sewing class through Minneapolis Community Education. After missing the first class due to a business dinner and the instructor being sick last week, I finally had my first class last night. Although I already know how to sew, I thought taking a class would be both a great motivator to start using the sewing machine Grandma Dottie gave me for Christmas as well as an opportunity to enhance my very basic sewing skills.It isn't much of a class, rather, it's more of a sewing workshop. Everyone works independently and there is an instructor there to offer help. That will work fine for me, although I had hoped there would be some specific instruction. However, there are so many levels of experience in the class that the experts would certainly get frustrated.
One other student also missed the first class, so neither of us knew to bring fabric to make pajama pants. We worked together on a pair, but I didn't like the fabric so am going to get some of my own and hope to catch up by next Thursday!
2 comments:
Are you sewing new pajama pants for us so we match??
So fun! I LOVE sewing!!
Post a Comment