and nothing much has changed... The race for the Democratic nominee is still on in full force. I'm admittedly disappointed, but not surprised, by the results here in Minnesota. Obama beat Hillary 2-to-1 in my precinct, a margin reflected statewide.
Another disappointment for me yesterday was in the caucus process itself. I've never observed something so disorganized! I actually wrote my vote on a scrap of notebook paper because they ran out of ballots. I was also just barely able to cast my vote because the harried inefficiency of the process. However, It was exciting to be part of the record turnout on this important day.
With only an hour and half to cast ballots in Minnesota, the streets were lined with cars for blocks around my polling place. Most of you are aware of my lack of parallel parking skills (although it's much improved after Marilyn's instruction a few years ago), but I did the fastest and best park of my life as I raced to make it in before voting ended.
I was starving and frustrated by the disorganization, so left shortly after casting my ballot. But I was so interested to hear about Mom's first caucus experience in Ivanhoe. (Hillary won 8 to 5) She stayed for the entire process and I'm so impressed with her activism! Jack was unable to go because he had class last night (don't they want students to caucus?), but we had a long conversation about all the issues!
3 comments:
Why do you favor Hilary over Obama?
I think your "anonymous" commenter is just asking for it....
Mom
i'm laughing so hard Jen - anonymous needs to hear from you !!
YOU GO GIRL !
Post a Comment