"I'm not magnetic."

As usual, I have no pictures of our fun weekend in Ivanhoe and Brookings! I'm going to have to super glue that camera to my hand from now on.

Fortunately, Amber has a couple of nice pics on her blog (and one in which I look like the poster child for Botox gone wrong - except I've never had any Botox).

We arrived late Friday evening after experiencing only one hiccup along the way - a speeding ticket. Oops! Those darn little towns and their 30 mile an hour speed limit.

Despite the icy cold that might keep some people inside, we ventured to Brookings to see Jon, Amber and Trevor. It was our first visit to their new house and it looks fantastic! They've done an amazing amount of work since moving in last fall. It's cute and cozy and a great place to spend the afternoon.

Once Amber left for work (that was a drag!) we headed to Flandreau to meet Steve, Marilyn and Ron at the casino. Mom took her first turn ever in the money booth and due to Marilyn's coaching, she came away with $21!

Mom, Dad and I then put a couple of bucks in the slot machines and came away with combined winnings of over $100 after about ten minutes. Since Trevor was with us and only allowed in to watch his grandma in the money booth, we left while we were ahead and went to dinner. After eating we went back to Brookings and got to spend more time with Amber once she finished working.

Mom's birthday was Sunday, so she and I went to church and shortly thereafter Jack came over. We all sat around chatting awhile and that's when Dad said the "line of the weekend" that I've also used as the title for this blog entry. There's a lengthy and not that funny explanation behind it, but I'm still chuckling today when I think about Dad, in his usual deadpan said "I'm not magnetic."

Hee hee. I think you had to be there. Good times, good times.

4 comments:

dhealy said...

I remember him saying that but don't remember what it was in reference to??
We loved having you two here for the weekend - it made my birthday very special!
Mom

Jennifer said...

Why he couldn't be recycled along with the scrap metal...

Anonymous said...

It was great fun! Diane did a great job in the money booth, everyone practice folding money before your birthday! After dinner, Ron and I thought,,NOW WHAT, so we took off for Watertown to see the kids - Kailey was especially happy, she didn't want to wait another week for her Birthday present!!Weekend was fun - hope next time will get to visit more! Marilyn

Amber said...

We were glad you all came to visit we had a great time!! BTW your picture is not that bad!