I'm fascinated by words that can be used as both a noun or a verb. As in "Minnesota's caucus is today and I will caucus for Hillary." I especially like the verb form of caucus.Let me say it again: I will caucus for Hillary!!! Can you tell I'm excited?
Caucusing seems kind of confusing to me and the short time frame is far less convenient than voting in a Primary. But I'll make it work - this is just too important to miss! I hope all my Minnesota readers plan to caucus tonight too. You don't have to be registered with a political party or even registered to vote. I'm even working on getting Jack to the polls in Alex!
My occasional readers from California and Illinois have the opportunity to vote in primaries today and North Dakotans can caucus. I know you'll all make it to the polls! By tonight, the candidates for both parties will probably be decided. This is the time to let your voice be heard.
6 comments:
All right - you've convinced me to check out the caucus. I've never done this before so it will be a new experience...
Mom
woohoo! I just looked it up and Democrats go to the courthouse. I think yours will be so interesting... everyone's political affiliation will be on display - Republicans caucus at the school.
Please report back tomorrow! Is Dad going too? Only let him go if he caucuses for Hillary. Just kidding! ;)
I don't feel strong enough about any candidate to have a preference yet.
Dad
Fair enough, Dad. Thanks for commenting!
Come on Dennis, you know you want Hillary to take it to the White House!!!
Jen - if you aren't Grandpa Healy's Granddaughter!!!! He read more and listened to every political news on tv ----- right or wrong he knew and spoke his word. Keep us informed !!! , by the time it is finally South Dakota's turn, I'll be so smart, and informed! Love it!
Marilyn
Post a Comment