Weekend Activities

I always feel more motivated to go back to work on Monday mornings when I've had a fun weekend. This one was no exception! It all started Saturday morning when Melissa and I went to our Pilates class (or lesson, I should call it, since it's the two of us with an instructor).

We followed that with brunch at Lucia's (our omlettes were just so-so) and then Melissa took me by the apartment she's moving into on February 1st. It's just off Lake Street near Lake Calhoun, which will be a fantastic place for a newly-single woman. Plus, she's even closer to me now! After that, we hit a couple of furniture stores to browse for new items for Melissa's apartment.

Sunday, Melissa and I were off again to our first cross-country skiing lesson at Theo Wirth Park. I got the time wrong, so we missed our lesson. While I was pouting about my mistake (what is happening to me??), Melissa sweet-talked them into taking us into the later class. Since we had a free hour, we decided to do a little skiing on our own. While anyone can cross-country ski without a lesson (even we were no exception), we learned quickly that we would benefit from some instruction.

The lesson lasted almost two hours and we learned quite a lot. It was about 40 degrees and I was way overdressed. Once we finished learning how to diagonal stride, double pole, herringbone and, of course, get up from a fall with at least a modicum of grace, we were excited about skiing but ready to do something else for awhile!

We stopped by the Room & Board furniture outlet, which is conveniently located just down the road from Wirth Park. We didn't make any major purchases, but it was fun to browse.

After a late lunch at French Meadow, we headed for home with the intention that Chris would join us for more skiing along Minnehaha Parkway across from our house. Initially Chris just watched and took photos of us so you could all see how much fun we had...



Once he saw how much fun we were having, Chris couldn't resist joining us!

The three of us plan to go back to Wirth Park on Saturday for more skiing (and another trip to the Room & Board outlet - ha!). If there's still snow on the ground after the predicted warm temps this week, that is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG (as Amber would say) I am so glad you got busy skiing - it looks like such fun and is such good exercise. And....you got Chris out of the house....YEAH!!!!
Mom

Amber said...

Way to go on the skiing!! It looks like you had a great time.