It's all downhill from here.

It seems that I have crossed the line into becoming an old lady. How do I know? Shoes. Yes, shoes.

Over the past few months, I've noticed that as I troll the aisles of DSW (on an animal-like hunt, just like in the commercials) or any other shoe shop that I'm seeking the comfortable shoes rather than the cute ones. Sure, I'd love both, but more often than not I barely notice the stilettos and go right for the flats and wedges - especially the ones with ice-friendly tread.

*sigh*

The worst part is that wearing these comfortable but not so stylish shoes makes me really, really happy. I blame it on the flats, snazzy sneakers and Ugg-style boots that have been popular the past few seasons.

I imagine that I'll still wear heels and probably buy a few more pairs, but my closet is becoming increasingly dominated by comfortable shoes.

What's next? Wearing a jogging suit to work? Carrying a backpack instead of a purse? This comfort thing could become addictive.

p.s. DSW lovers who don't live near a store - they're about to open an online store! Not sure when, but should be soon.

4 comments:

dhealy said...

You picked today to talk about being an old lady who may eventually wear a jogging suit to work....well, guess what I'm wearing today???? It's the great black and white jogging suit that Mom gave me for Christmas - I thought I looked pretty spiffy!!!
Love ya...Mom

Jennifer said...

See! This is just what I'm talking about... you get to a certain age where you care more about comfort. That's a cute jogging suit, so it's good to know you can combine comfort with style! ;)

Amber said...

What's next? Driving a mini-van!!
HA!
However if you start to carry a backpack instead of a purse...I might have to disown you!
J/K

Amber said...

You need to let me know when they open a DSW shoe store on-line I love their shoes!!