But if you're still here, you're seeing my crooked lower teeth in the "before" stage with the new spring retainer I got today. The orthodontist claims it will take as little as three months to return my teeth to their once-perfect straightness.
Although I had braces at age 21, my teeth were never crooked. The expensive braces experiment (thanks Mom and Dad!) was supposed to alleviate my TMJ. I've still got the jaw problems, but those braces did make my teeth ultra perfect.
When I got my braces removed, they left a wire behind my lower teeth. The wire always bothered me and I couldn't imagine that removing it would cause a change, since I never had crooked lower teeth. In spite of several dentists' protests, I finally found one who would remove the wire.
I was initially thrilled - almost as much as when the braces were removed - but soon came to profoundly regret this decision. Here's a piece of advice: listen to your dentist. My teeth started to move and became crooked enough to really bother me. I swear I can feel them moving and getting more crooked every day!
So, I finally decided to get this fixed. The retainer is removable (for eating and brushing), but the more I wear it, the sooner my teeth will look close to perfect again! My top teeth are not as straight as they once were, but I decided that fixing that small imperfection would be over the top.
Although I had braces at age 21, my teeth were never crooked. The expensive braces experiment (thanks Mom and Dad!) was supposed to alleviate my TMJ. I've still got the jaw problems, but those braces did make my teeth ultra perfect.
When I got my braces removed, they left a wire behind my lower teeth. The wire always bothered me and I couldn't imagine that removing it would cause a change, since I never had crooked lower teeth. In spite of several dentists' protests, I finally found one who would remove the wire.
I was initially thrilled - almost as much as when the braces were removed - but soon came to profoundly regret this decision. Here's a piece of advice: listen to your dentist. My teeth started to move and became crooked enough to really bother me. I swear I can feel them moving and getting more crooked every day!
So, I finally decided to get this fixed. The retainer is removable (for eating and brushing), but the more I wear it, the sooner my teeth will look close to perfect again! My top teeth are not as straight as they once were, but I decided that fixing that small imperfection would be over the top.
8 comments:
Good Grief! I'm nearly speechless! I never thought when you started this blog it would lead to you posting a zoom in photo of your teeth....
Anonymous nearly speechless - who would have thought that would happen!!
We'll be watching for the "after" photo in a few months.
Mom
Advise that my orthodontist told me that I WISH I would have listened to:
Wear your retainers!
I'm very interested in seeing the after pictures, because my bottom teeth have moved quite a bit.
Hey, you just never know what I'm going to post next!
OMG you seriously crack me up, who would take a picture of their teeth and post it on-line?? Only Mert would!! I can not wait to see the outcome.
If I just described it, you would all be wondering how crooked they are and what the retainer looks like.
A picture is worth a thousand words...
Mert you are right, I just like to give you a bad time!!
nice...very nice...
Post a Comment