The scorpion was both small and dead, but creepy nonetheless. According to the University of Florida Extension Entomologists, none of Florida's scorpion species produce a deadly sting. A sting would be painful, however, and it's just plain scary to come across something like this in your home.
So much about what we've seen in Florida astounds us! It's been a great learning experience but we are ready to move (and I'm ready to work).
UPDATE: I left the scorpion untouched so Jack could see it when he got home. He was merely mildly impressed, as usual. I took a paper towel to pick it up and discovered that it was ALIVE!!!!!
It must have been mildly sedated by the pest control poison periodically applied around the perimeter of the house, but it still had plenty of speed and fight left in it! As you would expect, I was really freaked out and Jack was nice enough to kill and dispose of the nasty scorpion.
2 comments:
OMG!! I do not know what to say except, yuck!!
You were really lucky to have your brave little brother there! Although Chris could have smushed it with his cast, too.
Mom
Post a Comment