The Frog Prince

Florida has many interesting creatures we've become familiar with over the past year or so, especially the geckos. This year, however, we have new amphibian friends!

Frogs, frogs everywhere! This giant guy wanted to come in so badly that he attached himself to our front door. Check out his freaky little toes...


Chris thinks that these frogs may be the source of a loud chirping at night. Every night. I thought the noise came from ducks, but it's probably frogs!

ribbit. ribbit. ribbit.

More fun to watch (and less icky) are the teeny tiny baby frogs hopping
everywhere. I don't think I've ever seen baby frogs and certainly not in this quantity. They're camera-shy, fast moving and blend in with the mulch, but I think you can see the little froggy in this picture.


For those wondering about the geckos...they're still here in full force. The babies are cute, but we could do without the big ones that like to flare their throats as if about to attack!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh....when I was done there is was lizards and now frogs!! I wonder what it will be next year...look at those toes!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures but I suppose you have to be careful when you open the door or walk around outside! I imagine that they are looking for water - isn't it still very dry there?
Mom

Jennifer said...

It's actually been raining quite a bit more lately. That's good, but it only encourages the weed growth!!

Rural Writer said...

It looks like you've got a plague of frogs all right! Maybe they'll eat up all the bad bugs, like mosquitoes.
I came across your blog while "surfing" and enjoyed reading some of your latest entries." but I did kind of wonder how you came up with the name for your blog. I'ts unique and memorable, a good thing!
- Rural Writer
http://www.ruralramblings.com/blog/
(Adventures in the Country)
http://todaystrek.blogspot.com/
(Living with Chronic Pain)