skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I've been talking about having a rummage sale for six months (Chris says a year) and finally got around to doing it yesterday. Since we are in such an out-of-the-way area I was concerned about getting traffic. My estimate was that I'd get three people from the neighborhood all day. Well, I met that quota by 7:45 am (and I wasn't even supposed to open until 8). I went out to post signs on the main road and people started following me home! I think I sold a quarter of my stuff by 8:30.
There were quite a few interesting characters
and some definite hard-core rummage salers. Like the guy who asked if he could take every- thing off the "free" table (why not) and the guy who bought the table of about 50 half-used shampoos/lotions, used makeup, etc. that I would've thrown away but hoped someone like him would want?!
I couldn't help but think of Amber and her adventures earlier this summer! I was worried that I would do all this work for nothing, but this was definitely a worthwhile exercise. Not only was it much more profitable that my scrapbooking endeavor, it also enabled me to get rid of lots of junk. Now we're ready to move!
1 comments:
I am so proud of you for having a rummage sale!! You truly do not know what it is about until you have one of your own. I hope you did not sell anything good or something that I would of bought from you?? I am glad it was worth your while!!
Post a Comment