August 1. It's been one year since the 35W bridge collapse, a fact which those of you who are tuned into the Twin Cities media could not avoid. While that was a tragedy, that's not why this date is important to me.
The one year anniversary I'm celebrating is a happy one. Last August 1st was my official first day at my job. The day that I knew absolutely for certain that we would be moving to Minnesota! I didn't actually arrive here until the following week, but I started getting paid (the most important part) on the first of the month.
This year has flown by and has been filled with so many wonderful moments that I would have missed - and did miss for the nine years prior. I wouldn't trade my experiences in other cities for anything, but there truly is nothing like the feeling I have here. It's one of belonging, almost one of home, while having the advantages of a progressive, liberal, open-minded city. For me, it's the best of both worlds.
It's also Angie's birthday today - the big 1-9! Although she doesn't read my blog, I'm sending wishes her way.
2 comments:
Your Dad and I also are thrilled to have you back "home" and the fact that you brought Chris with you is terrific too!
Mom
We are more then happy to have you as close to us as possible and Minneapolis is just a few hours away. We have seen more of you the past year then ever before and we LOVE IT!
Post a Comment