Chris, Melissa and I (Jack had to work late so was unable to join us) went to dinner at Porter & Frye at the new Hotel Ivy downtown. Chris had a ribeye the size of my head, Melissa had beef tenderloin and I had parmesean-crusted walleye. All amazing and I get to eat the rest of my walleye for lunch today. Highly recommended!
I received a number of thoughtful and generous gifts, but one does stand out as my favorite. Yes, I finally have my own digital camera. I'm now officially functioning in this century!
In my defense, I got my first digital camera in 1998 (I won it) and I didn't know a single other person who had one at that time. I got rid of it because it was clunky and I just didn't use it. I bought another one in 2005, but found that I had nothing to photograph so gave it to Mom (and Dad, but I'm quite sure he's never used it). Chris has a digital camera, so it's not like I've been a complete luddite.
Since I've had my blog and am on facebook, I've found that I want/need a camera more often. After extensive research, I chose the Canon SD1100 and Chris traipsed all over town to find it in silver. Thanks Chris!
Here's a picture of the camera along with the first photos I've taken.

Chris took this one. Does this look like the face of a 35 year old? I think not!

Lovely flowers and balloon from Mom and Dad (plus last year's birthday plant from Bonnie - it's looking good!).

2 comments:
I commented on this blog yesterday but it seems to have disappeared so will try again!
Great pictures - I'm looking forward to lots of pics now that you have your own camera!
Mom
I had to look up luddite - what an odd word!!!
Mom
Post a Comment