A Solution for Your Photos

There was a great article in the New York Times earlier this week about a service called ScanMyPhotos.com that will scan photos for $50 per thousand (that's 5 cents a piece) on to a CD.

This is a terrific and affordable solution for those who may have plastic totes full of photos taking up closet space. (I'm talking about you, Mom!) This is quicker and more efficient - not to mention more permanent - than sorting them and putting them into albums.

Photos must be grouped by size, but other than that it sounds so easy. Even easier is their service that prints an album containing your scanned photos. It may not be as pretty or creative as traditional albums or even the albums you can create on the photo websites, but sometimes ease is more important!

For those worried about sending precious photos off to some unknown location, the company claims to have processed 8 million never lost or damaged one.

Scan My Photos also offers VHS to DVD transfer, a service I definitely plan to use. And Mom, once it gets cold (ugh! too soon, I'm sure) I will be there to help you sort your photos!

0 comments: