Who?

John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. Who? Alaska's governor, apparently. What a ridiculously transparent attempt to target women.

I've always found the concept of a woman Republican to be an oxymoron. Or any other minority. Or anyone whose income doesn't meet John McCain's definition of middle class (i.e., makes less than $5 million per year).

(Oxy)morons aside, this ploy to win over disgruntled Hillary supporters (whose strength and tenacity have been significantly exaggerated) is both laughable and doomed to failure.

He could not have made a better VP choice!

Couple this tragic mis-step with Obama's home run speech last night and, folks, this thing is in the bag.

Anyone who listened to Obama's words last night cannot help but feel motivated and hopeful for the future.

Anyone who was previously uncertain about Obama's plans for moving our nation forward cannot help but feel convinced.

More than ever, we need a Democrat. I vote along party lines. Always. Many people don't and I respect the idea of voting for the person rather than the party.

Barack Obama. Joe Biden. Different stories, same goals. Together, they are the people and the party we need.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt Barack's speech was inspiring...as was Hillary's for that matter...and his choice of Biden as his President was a wise one.

Anonymous said...

You make your Mom very proud! I agree with you about Barack's speech - I know that there are huge obstacles in Washington but I believe that he can overcome!!!

Mom