Once again, I neglected to take a single picture of a fun-filled weekend! (Mayday: Mom please send me some pics when you have a chance...)
I'll post some photos later in the week. In the meantime, might I share with you a few thoughts and observations that have been roaming around in my head?
- I listened to Bill Clinton on the radio for about half an hour while driving today. Despite his sometimes ill-advised comments during the campaign, he seems back to his old, inspirational self. I could listen to that guy all day. I'm not sure I've ever felt an ounce of inspiration from our current president. Maybe a little after 9/11 when he gave that speech from atop the rubble. But that was mostly the PTSD. Is it November yet?
- Three young women I know have died needless, tragic deaths in the past three months. I wrote about Katie in April. A couple of weeks ago my second cousin died in a motorcycle accident. Yesterday I found out that a former colleague from New York (to whom I last talked in December 2006), killed herself. I hope 'they' are right when they say these things come in threes. I feel so sorry for all of the families involved.
- I asked Chris to buy limes at the grocery store today. He called to ask how much I thought a lime cost. Fifty cents? Maybe a dollar? Not at Whole Foods. Their limes (possibly filled with gold) are currently going for three dollars. Each. EACH!? There's no recipe that will be so terrible without limes that I would pay that much. Anyone else worried that price increases will never stop? Stock up on Ramen now. You never know!
On a lighter note...
- Angie was crowned Princess in the Miss Delano competition on Thursday night! She rode the float in the 4th of July parade on Friday (the largest and oldest in the state) and that was just the first of dozens of activities she (and Bonnie and Duane) will participate in this year. Congrats!
- We had a great time at Roy Lake. Chris' first ever visit included golf, pontoon ride, convertible cruise, card playing, road trip to Pickerel Lake, a little sunburn and (too much) eating. It's always fun to watch the kids enjoy the lake like we all did years ago. Kailey skied like a pro - way to go!
That's all I have to say for today. Watch for photos later in the week!
1 comments:
I think we can move the gold filled limes to "a lighter note"
Post a Comment