Saturday in Brookings

I really enjoyed my first Brookings Summer Arts Festival in over 10 years! I don't have photos from that, but I do have a few from our night on the town. First, Amber, Jon, Melissa and I had dinner at Bravo's (I refuse to capitalize the v).

The meal was fantastic and the setting sublime. Except that Jon's shrimp diavolo may have made him sick. Don't order that! Brookings has long been in need of a quality food in an upscale setting and this is top notch.

After dinner, Amber gave us a campus tour. I've been there quite often recently, but Melissa hasn't been there in a few years. For those who may not recall, Melissa and I graduated on the same day in 1995 (wow! that's a long time ago) and even sat just two seats apart during the ceremony. The guy whose name falls between 'Hea' and 'Hei' was either entertained or annoyed by us for over two hours.

In a somewhat successful attempt to 'relive the good old days,' we visited some of our old haunts as well as some of the new (i.e., renovated) ones.

Good times, good times, as evidenced by Melissa's disappearing act into the covers. Yes, she's in there somewhere!

Thanks for your hospitality, Jon and Amber!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for the new updated blog! Cute pics.....

Have a good trip this weekend and have a good time celebrating Melissa's birthday.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I think the post should acquire more info then it has.