Valleyfair!

Thursday morning, after getting everyone moving (some people were up until 3 am. I'm sure I don't have to tell you who they were) we were off to Valleyfair where we met Jon, Amber, Jon's friend Brett and Brett's nephew Andy.

We looked pretty lively when we arrived, but we only made it on a handful of rides before a serious storm - green sky, sideways rain - shut down the rides. Thank goodness we were able to ride out the storm in the bar!

The storm passed and within 15 minutes (just after I changed into warmer clothes), the sun came out and it was hot as before the storm. Since I'm not interested in the scary rides, Chris and I watched the kids go on some.



Then Chris decided to take a ride on The Wave. That's him in the center of the boat, grimacing. Apparently, he didn't expect to get soaked from head to toe!

After Valleyfair we went back to the house for a little more Rock Band and then went out for seafood. I won't mention the restaurant because we had really poor service. I think everyone liked their food, but it just goes to show that service makes all the difference.

Jack the recent hotel/restaurant management grad had a little talk with the manager. This resulted in a small discount, but I don't think anyone will request that place next time. Chris might as well add this to his list of reasons not to leave the house!

Jon was also irritated because he was convinced that they short-changed him on his king crab legs. Sorry brother, but I looked it up online and every source I found indicated that each king crab leg is 1/2 pound at a minimum.

Thanks to everyone who came to visit. Please come again soon! We now know that we have room for at least nine adults and three kids in our house and could probably accommodate more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

despite the look on my face, I was happy to be there!

Chris

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud that you remembered your camera! It looks like you had a great time - I'm glad they had shelter for everyone when the storm came through.

Mom

Anonymous said...

i bet it was you and Chris up till 3am -- taking head count!! Sounds like you have room for more cousins next year ! When is it Mom and Auntie's turn?