Our First Overnight Guests

We had a wonderful time with Mom, Dad, Jon and Amber this weekend - thanks for coming to visit! We didn't do much other than eat and shop (and some people never left the house), but that's the great thing about living close - no pressure to "entertain."

Amber gave a great run down of the weekend along with some fun pictures on her blog.

I should also note that Bonnie joined us at the MOA, while Duane sat around with the guys on Saturday afternoon. They had Bonnie's work Christmas Party nearby that evening, so were able to spend some time with us before that.

We really enjoyed having Chad, Kristina and Sophia as well as Melissa join us for brunch on Sunday. Although we don't have enough chairs for that crowd, it seemed to work out well!

After brunch, Melissa and I took off to see A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie. Although we were in the very back row, there is not a bad seat in that theater. It was a wonderful production - certainly the most uniquely staged that I've seen.

Well, it's two weeks until Christmas! Does everyone have their shopping done?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the play - did it put you in the holiday spirit? We had such a good time visiting you and your meals were so great!
Mom

Amber said...

Thanks again for everything Mert!! We had a great time but I do have to warn you that over Christmas we will have to play cranium again because Jon and I have been practicing and are going to be rockstars!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

haha - how have you been practicing? You better not try to memorize the answers! ;)