So far, April has been much different than March. I'm working harder, including a freelance project that started bright and early on April 1 and will last for the next couple of weeks. I've also done work for Chris and will continue to do so as long as he needs it. I hope he is impressed with my work so far; clearly my awesomeness is not reflected in my (non-existent) pay!
I got a heads up about my job was ending much earlier than most people in my company do. I still probably shouldn't say how long, but that notice resulted in a serious winding-down of my work. Somehow I still managed to stay entertained and look busy, but didn't do much blogging because impending unemployment was at the forefront of my mind and I wanted to keep it offline. Until now!
Many of you may be thinking...wait, didn't she just get laid off? Isn't that how Roving Sugarbeet came to be? Yes, two jobs lost in less than two years! This was the risk of taking the job and I'm actually kind of surprised it lasted this long.
As I keep telling myself...at least we're in Minneapolis! Considering that I have plenty to keep me busy (and to keep a little cash in my pocket), I don't have any immediate plans to search for work elsewhere. Don't worry, worriers. And if you have any job leads...
After a few days of self-employment, I'm finding that it suits me quite well. As I write this, I'm approaching a 12-hour work day that included minimal breaks. I did shower, but didn't have to get dressed up or wear makeup. I also got to have lunch with Chris and we stopped by each other's office for a few chats.
Speaking of Chris, I completely missed the opportunity to wish him a Happy Birthday on Saturday! On RSB, I mean. I did speak to him that day! I also made him a birthday french silk pie.
Sorry for the grainy cell phone photo, which wasn't helped by the bright sun streaming in the windows. You get the idea!Chris actually cooked his birthday meal (ribs, of course!) and we were joined by Jack as well as Yvonne and Bobbi, who stayed over on Saturday night on their way to Mayo Clinic. We lazed on Saturday night (ok, I have done some lazing) and shopped on Sunday (also a fun non-work activity) before they left.
Has this lengthy post made up for my recent lack of them? Probably not! I will try to keep you updated on RSB's latest, but I am also planning to create a new blog on which I'll discuss professional topics, so may not devote as much time here for awhile.
3 comments:
Thanks for blogging again! I didn't know that Yvonne & Bobbi were there until I say Bobbi's facebook message.
It's nice that Chris had a little birthday celebration!
Mom
Geeezzz glad to see you are still alive!! All the blogs that I follow on my blog are like 1 week to 3 months old, what is going on people?
Glad to hear that you are staying busy!!
Happy Belated Birthday Chris !!!!!
Sorry to hear about your job - March 31 came tooo fast ,,, but join the rest of us - Mike, Ben,Jason and me:(. We should get together and play rock band - who knows ,, we could get hired :)
marilyn
Post a Comment