Alexes Update

A quick update for those of you who are curious about my Little Sister, Alexes ('e' not 'i'). I met her, her parents and her younger brother last Thursday. Most of the time was spent going over guidelines and policies with the Big Brothers Big Sisters coordinator, but Alexes and I spent a few minutes chatting afterward.

We scheduled our first outing for last Sunday afternoon. We went ice skating, which I hadn't done in years and Alexes had never done. We had a great time!

Here's a photo of Alexes at the rink:

and a video of her showing off her skating skills:



We ended our skating excursion in the best possible way: hot chocolate!

We haven't made plans for our next get together yet, but we did make a list of many activities we'd like to do. We are also thinking about starting a blog to chronicle our friendship. I have to talk to her mom first, but if we start a blog you will all be the first to know!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like a really good time!

Unknown said...

I've been so anxious to hear all about your little sister. I'm glad that you hit it off and lots of good times are ahead, I'm sure!

Mom