Of course, I've actually been a big sister to my awesome brothers for almost 32 years. Now I'll get to be a Big Sister to a young girl through the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program!
I've been thinking about doing this for years and finally signed up last fall. The wait has been long, but today I finally got word that I've been matched.
Here's what I know so far about my little sister:
Alexis
age 9
third grade
She lives with her mom, brother, sister and a cat. She plays basketball, dances and enjoys math.
I get to meet Alexis and her family on Thursday!
6 comments:
That's great, Jen! I'm sure you will have fun and I think Alexis is going to be a very lucky little girl!!
Mom
Oh man I was so confused!!
Congrats, you'll be so good at being a big sister to a girl!
That sounds like a lot of fun you will have to make sure and update us on how things go!
Hey Amber Kay....
did you think I was going to have another baby for Jen to be a big sister to??!!!???
Diane
Cool, Jen! Enjoy....I am sure you will form a special bond and be a great role model for Alexis....Dang, I was hoping Diane was pregnant....that would have been cool!! HeeHee!! Missy
Missy...
That would NOT be cool!!! Congratulations tho' on your new little one!!
Diane
Post a Comment