Zubaz Sighting!

This morning at the gym, I saw a guy wearing red, white, and blue Zubaz! Anyone over 50 may not immediately know what I'm talking about - or why I am so amused by them - but everyone surely remembers these awesome zebra patterened pants that were ultra-popular (but no less horrifying) during the 80s.These fabulous bottoms were paired with white high-tops, complete with velcro straps, worn loose. I wish, wish, wish I could say that he was wearing this outfit in earnest; a bold, sassy fashion choice. But since he appeared to be a teenager, who was likely not even alive when Zubaz made their initial debut, I'm pretty sure he was being ironic.

Besides, to really top this outfit off in true 80s fashion he would have had to wear his hair in a mullet. Right Chris? I have a feeling there is a picture out there of you rocking the Zubaz and your ever-present mullet. If only.

7 comments:

Bane said...

I DO remember these...but sadly Jen, never owned any. It's never too late tho? B-day is just around the corner....

Amber said...

I read somewhere that Zuba's are trying to make a come back!

Amber said...

I thought that Chris had a couple of pairs?? In fact didn't he wear a pair 2 weekends ago when we where there??

Missy said...

OOOOHHHH...the good old days!!! Yikes, I don't know if I want them to make a comeback.....scary!! Funny post....it totally brought me back to highschool...aaaaahhhh!!

Melana said...

I think Ivanhoe was a bit behind the times (imagine that!) because I remember Ben wearing his black and white Zubaz with hot pink drawstrings as a senior in high school. That was 1992,
not the 80s. Yikes. I never did own any...did girls wear them? I don't remember that for sure!

Anonymous said...

You may recall that Cameron had Zubaz on his Christmas list. So they are apparently making a comeback among the young male population!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!