I took so many pictures (me? it's a Christmas miracle!) so will spread them out over a few posts. Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start... (name that tune, anyone? anyone?)
Chris and I began accumulating an excessive number of gifts before even leaving home. I'm certain Chris' favorite gift from me was the 16 quart All-Clad stockpot. Who wouldn't love one of those? He did ask for "a bigger pot" in which to cook ribs...
I was the lucky recipient of a Scooba. No surprise there, as I purchased it myself! The jury's still out on the effectiveness of the robot floor washer, as this was a deeply discounted floor model. Two unsuccessful attempts - both thwarted by inadequate battery life - indicate that Scooba might work quite well once I purchase a new battery.
Upon arriving in Ivanhoe on Christmas Eve day, we visited with the fam and Amber indulged us in yet another one of her fabulously odd poses, while Dad struck up his best stoic face and Chris grinned, probably still thinking about his All-Clad stockpot (I know I would have been).
Mom recently got a dog, a one year old Shih Tzu named Scooter. She's quickly become my buddy and I brought her a t-shirt in which she looked adorably festive.
Grandpa Dennis let Trevor open a gift early. Who knew they still made Lincoln Logs? They seem to be better than ever, with plenty of plastic accessories to help make the log structures more exciting and colorful.
Jon constructed a high-quality two-room cabin in a flash, not unlike the real-life work he does every day!
Lucky Trevor got to wrap up in his warm Cars blanket while Amber toted him to their next destination!
Dad and I looked fancy for church in our coordinating striped hats. Quite a pair!
Stay tuned for the next installment tomorrow...
5 comments:
The song? It's from The Sound of Music. To continue the song...
When you read you begin with ABC. (ABC echoed) When you sing you begin with Doh Re Mi (echoed). The first three notes just happen to be, Doh, Re, Mi (echoed again). Doh, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti...Then Julie Andrews says something about, "let's start here..." Doh, a deer, a female deer, Ra, a drop of golden sun, Mi...
I could probably quote the rest of the song and probably the whole movie for that matter, but I won't. I LOVE that movie! I think I might need to watch it soon!
Yeaaaaaah - you're back blogging!! I love the pictures and the narative. The picture of Chris' foot is good too.
Good job on the song, Melana!
Mom
Good pictures and yes I am always up for a fun new pose, take a look at the one of you on my blog!
I got Jay a stock pot too - that is funny! He even got to open it Christmas Eve...but only because he had to cook me lobster!! :) miss you! ~Deb
Was the Lobster's name Pinchy? That's a simpsons reference...is anyone reading these comments a month later anyway? $10 bucks to teh first person to reference this post to me, besides you Jen.
Post a Comment