In early November, I decided that I wasn't going to send holiday cards this year. It was a combination of factors that led me to this decision, but time/lack of planning had little to do with it, as evidenced by the fact that I made the decision a month before I would have sent the cards.Now that we've received over a dozen cards and photos, I've begun to reconsider my decision. Not because my reasons weren't good ones, but because I wonder if some of the people who don't receive a card from us will think that we forgot them or - even worse - that we left them off our list on purpose.
I'm sticking with my decision this year, but think I will probably go back to sending cards next year, albeit with some reluctance. I've sent cards to at least a handful of family and friends for probably 15 years and despite the rather wasteful nature of it, holiday cards make both the sender and receiver feel good. And after all, isn't that what the holidays are all about - giving and receiving? Other than celebrating Jesus' birth, of course.
Consider this blog post our holiday wish to you and look for our card next year!
2 comments:
Merry Christmas, Jennifer!
..except you Matt, we weren't going to send you anything regardless.
Post a Comment