It seems like it's been months since I actively blogged. Either I don't have anything to discuss or I'm lazy. Maybe both. I'm trying to get better, so will start with a couple of fun things:
- Melissa and I saw Matt Nathanson at the Pantages last night. We had 'nose bleed' seats, but were still able to see and, obviously, hear very well. To say Melissa was obsessed with going to this concert would be an understatement. I have never seen anyone so excited about a musician - before, during and after the concert. And I saw New Kids on the Block at the SD State Fair circa 1989 so I know obsessed fans!
- Chris and I stayed at the W at the Foshay on Saturday night. Jack works there and got us a tremendous family and friends rate. Keep it in mind - I think he gets the rate at any of the Starwood hotels. Unfortunately, his discount didn't carry over to our dinner at Manny's Steakhouse. Our meal was delicious and left me with enough steak for three lunches at work, but considering that dinner for two cost three times as much as our hotel room it is definitely a restaurant for special occasions.
- We had a company come in to clean and inspect our fireplace and chimney. I really want to use that fireplace and it seemed necessary to get it checked out. Chris just emailed me to inform me that "they found a whole squirrel family...dead..tiny skulls were raining down...." I'm so appalled and can't get that image out of my head! Sorry if the same happens to you... That certainly doesn't fit under the title of 'fun,' but no doubt it is interesting. EDIT: It's also not true. Just found that out. Ha. Ha.
- Another not fun but worth mentioning item: Bonnie suffered first and second degree burns on her hand last Sunday. It apparently involved nearly-boiling water in a sterilizing sink and a heroic effort to grab a falling tray. Glad to hear you're doing well now, Bon, but oh my that sounds awful!
That's all the fun and not-so-fun news for today!
3 comments:
Hey Jen, I laughed out loud when I read about the squirrls....thanks for the good laugh today...:)
New Kids on the Block??? Mert that was enough to make me laugh then I read the squirrle story and really laughed!
Sorry to hear about Bonnie. See you next week!
Glad to have you back I miss reading your blog.
I'm also glad to have you back blogging!!
I also got a good laugh about Chris and his little squirrel skulls - you never can guess what Chris will say!!
Mom
Post a Comment