It's not so much that I'm feeling blue about the anniversary (I'm almost used to it now) as I am about the past seven years we've spent under this regime and the grim prospect of four more.
Sometimes I enjoy reading comments on sites like Women Against Sarah Palin. But then I just read the opinions of people who think like I do and I wonder even more about the previously undecided voters who say that Palin has swayed them to vote Republican.
I see them on television, hear them on the radio and want to know what could possibly compel them to make such an important decision based on gut instinct. Or a pretty face. Or a love of hunting and fishing. Or blatant lies.
A day like today should remind us just how critical it is that our leaders make measured, well thought out decisions. How can we expect this if we don't act carefully and logically in choosing them?
Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself. -Doris Lessing
2 comments:
Jen,
I agree - it makes me extremely nervous that in the not too distant future this woman COULD be in the Oval Office!
I think that she is a flash in the pan and that people will find this out before November 4th...
Mom
Jen,
I read your blog very often to learn from you. I have to say you are undoubtly one of the most intelligent, well spoken and educated, divese individuals I know. With love, Deena
Post a Comment