On A Lighter Note

It's come to my attention that perhaps roving sugarbeet readers might prefer some lighter topics than those about which I've posted recently. It's a heavy world, people, and I am full of opinions. But I can chill with the best of them. So here's a rundown of the latest light topics:

- Chris' brother Tom is in Minneapolis for a brief business trip. They went out to eat last night (yes, night) and I missed it. Dinner out with Chris? Visit with Tom whom I haven't seen in two years? These are rare occurrences. Tom is observing Minnesota at it's best right now, so maybe he'll come back and bring his family!

- Yesterday I noticed a single tree on which the leaves started to turn. This morning I saw dozens. Autumn has to be nature's most beautiful process, but it means two things are just around the corner: raking leaves and frigid temps. Anyone interested in a fall yard clean up weekend? Free room and board. :)

- I do hope we get a lot of (and early) snow this winter. I can't wait to get out and cross country ski again. I bought new ski boots on end of season clearance that seem much more comfortable than my old ones. A few weeks ago Jack and I scavenged skis and poles for him from someone's trash, so he's ready too! I hope Trevor (and his parents) can come up to ski, too. I bought a pair of boots for him, too, but I have no clue if they'll fit him this year or not.

- Chris and I are going to Duluth on Sunday. Mom and Dad will be there for a convention. Can you believe I've never been to Duluth? In fact, I haven't been many places in northern Minnesota. I should probably work on that!

- Suzanne is coming to visit in October. We're looking forward to that and hope that the weather is still nice at that time!

- Those are all the original light stories I have today. I'll leave you with some thoughts from others...

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left. ~Hubert Humphrey

The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. ~George Santayana

2 comments:

Amber said...

Now that is my kind of reading!! I followed it all, can you believe it. I agree with you about Fall I just love that season and the temps start to get cooler, just love it. We will have to get up and go skiing I never have so it would be fun. Take care and see you soon!

dhealy said...

I'm glad someone is looking forward to snow!!!! It will be fun to see Trevor on skis tho'...

Looking forward to seeing you in Duluth.

Mom