We have a house!

As Amber would say - "holy cow Mert." I really wasn't expecting to get this house, although Chris was and now we aren't quite sure we want it. Figures, right?

Here it is - 5400 Washburn Avenue. The pictures are not very good, but you can see that it's in good shape and is right across the street from Minnehaha Creek and Parkway.


The house is dated inside, but clean and in good condition. It's got some issues though. There are only two bedrooms and one bath on the main floor. The basement is divided lengthwise by a block wall, rendering the space rather unusable. We'd like to add a second floor, but may not be able to do that due to zoning regulations.

Plus, it doesn't really have a back yard. That doesn't bother us, because look at the front yard, but we think it might be a problem when we go to sell it.

If we decide to keep it, we'll be closing by the end of the month. Start planning your visit!

Per Amber's request, here's a link to the listing and a few more pictures: http://matrix.northstarmls.com/Matrix/Public/Email.aspx?ID=3981823808

p.s. Marilyn - it's 8 miles to the Mall of America. :)

6 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations MERT!!!! It looks really cute and I love the big yard. Where can I find more pictures to look at?

Anonymous said...

I think the house looks great - can't wait to see it...
Mom

Amber said...

I think that it looks great!!

Amber said...

OMG it is really cute....thanks for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Cograts on your new home!!! It looks great. As you were describing it (wothout pics) I thought you bought our house. By the way from the pics it does not look outdated. It's very nice. Mike and Deena

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW HOME !

I HOPE THERE IS A SUBWAY UNDER THAT BIG YARD TO THE MALL !!!!!

8 MILES ---- YIKES -- GUESS THERE WASN'T A HOME ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE MALL -- CHRIS, DID YOU CHECK?

I'M SENDING YOU SOME LEAVES - TODAY WIND BLEW MY YARD FULL FROM AMBER'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!:)