Sink and Faucet

A sink and a faucet. One would think these would be simple to select, but I can't believe how much time I've spent searching and agonizing over this choice! Here's what we've chosen:

Kohler Simplice faucet in vibrant stainless.

We also liked some of the more modern faucet designs like the one below, but decided that a larger handle would be more convenient. In addition, there is a wall/window right behind the sink that would prevent the handle from extending backwards.



I can't wait to use this sink! It's the Blanco Diamond Super Single Bowl. This thing is huge! Interior measurements are 30.5" x 16.5". Forget bathing a baby - I'm getting in there!

We've always had double bowl sinks and realized that we don't really need a second bowl. It would be nice to have a large bowl (>80%) for washing and a small bowl (<20%) for the garbage disposal, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I like that the drain is offset in this sink so that dishes can sit to the left and the drain can remain open for using the disposal.

I love the look of stainless steel sinks but all the water spots and scratches drove me crazy. I've also had almond/bisque fiberglass that stained and chipped as well as light colored corian that was pretty resilient but did hold some stains. I think the black will resist (hide?) stains and look great with our black countertops!

Some may recall my disdain for the potential effects of granite and wonder why I'm ok with buying a sink made of 80% granite. That's a good question and one I'm still struggling with a bit. There are just so many benefits to this material in terms of durability and appearance with no comparable alternative the way Cambria quartz was to granite. (Hello Cambria, make some sinks!)

It's such a relief to have these selected. Now we can order countertops!