Happy Halloween!

My office hosted a fun Halloween event this morning. Employees brought their kids in for a breakfast party and then the kids trick-or-treated around the office! There were about 10 kids, mostly preschool. It was so fun to see all the little costumes.

I'm not sure what to expect at home tonight. We're in the midst of a busy area, so could possibly see lots of kids. However, I don't know how Halloween works anymore. It seems like so many people are fearful of everything, although I think city dwellers tend to be less so. We've got a decorated front door and plenty of candy, so I hope we see some trick-or-treaters!


4 comments:

dhealy said...

What a great idea! Do the employees get time off to take the kids back to day care or do they take the day off to do Halloween?

Mom

Amber said...

Well you know that if we lived closer we would forsure stop over for a scare! Have fun tonight!!

Melana said...

Halloween was so fun in Ivanhoe! We pretty much went to every house in town!! It is certainly different in larger cities. I've been in Montana for 6 years and have yet to have a child that I don't know come to my door!
Remember the full sized candy bars from Doctor Mulder and the can of Mountain Dew from Mr. and Mrs. Wagner?!?! I had to save them for last or else my bag got too heavy!!!
Happy Halloween!

Jennifer said...

Most of the kids who came in have parents who work in our sales offices. Many have Thursday and Friday off since they work Saturday and Sunday. Another parent had already taken the day off for other reasons. They're pretty flexible around here, though, so would let someone come and go if needed!

Halloween in Ivanhoe was indeed great fun! It was so easy and carefree - lots of yummy treats, too. I remember popcorn balls, but not sure who made those. I suppose people don't do homemade treats anymore. :(