Chris picked up Suzanne from the airport on Friday afternoon. They waited for me to finish work and then we took Suzanne to the Marquette Hotel downtown. (We invited her to stay with us but she preferred the comfort and convenience of a room downtown. I can't say I blame her!)
We had a drink in the hotel bar before dinner at Dakota Jazz Club and Restaurant. This is a great spot for both food and music, which is unusual because typically music venues don't serve good food. But we enjoyed beet salad, blue marlin, kobe beef tenderloin and white chocolate cheesecake brulee. All were fabulous. We didn't stay for much music, but it provides great atmosphere.
On Saturday, after lunch at Keys Cafe, we went to Minnetonka Orchards for some apple picking, donut eating and cider drinking!


We were exhausted after the orchard, so went back to our house for awhile. We took Suzanne back to the hotel, but stopped by the Newsroom for a drink and a bite first.Jack was able to join us briefly on Saturday night before he went out. I must be getting old because I was going to bed as he was leaving for the night!
Jack joined us, as did Melissa, for Sunday brunch on the 50th floor of the IDS tower. We had a wonderful view of the city and it was a tasty brunch, although Chris is probably the only one who got value from the all-you-can-eat buffet!
After we digested our feast for a couple of hours, we took Suzanne to the Twin Cities' can't miss venue. The Mall of America, of course!


Although we didn't go on any rides, we made sure to have our photos taken with them in the background!After the mall, we went home to relax and watch some tv, including Dexter. If you've never seen this show, you really should. It's smart and also creepy. Chris is a little disturbed that I'm so enamoured of a show about a serial killer. It's a good show!
That's the summary of our weekend! We took Suzanne back to the hotel on Sunday after Dexter and then Chris picked her up and took her to the airport on Monday morning.
Thanks so much for visiting, Suzanne! Come back soon.
4 comments:
Minneapolis is a fantastic city! I had a great time. Thanks so much for all the fun.
Thanks for all the great pictures! I wish we could have joined you.
Did I see another picture when you first posted this and something about hair straightening or am I losing it??
Mom
You're not losing it - Chris asked me to remove it. He received an unnecessarily rude comment about the photo from someone I will not name. But I'm sure you can guess based on previous comments.
what kind of a friend is that???!!!!
Mom
Post a Comment