Birthdays!

I'm not going to berate myself for once again not taking pictures this weekend, but I really do have to start taking them - these Kodak moments are once in a lifetime.

With Grandma Dottie's birthday today and Dad's yesterday, a weekend in Roslyn was on the agenda. I rode with Bonnie and Duane to Roslyn on Saturday, where we met up with Grandma Dottie, Mom, Dad, Jon, Trevor and Steve. The "girls" went to Aberdeen to take Grandma shopping, while the guys followed close behind to prepare a surprise party for Grandma!

When we arrived at Luther and Lola's, Grandma said she thought she was losing her mind when she saw the guys there! Mission - surprise party - accomplished! After sandwiches and cake, the Healys went to Langford, while the others returned to Roslyn.

Grandma Julie was one of the few people in town, as just about everyone else seemed to be at the State Basketball Tournament in Aberdeen, where Langford unfortunately lost the championship game. We visited with Grandma and listened to the game on the radio while playing a couple of games of Hand and Foot.

On Sunday, we briefly celebrated Dad's birthday and then headed back to Roslyn, where I met up with Bonnie and Duane for a ride back home.

It was a great weekend and I look forward to seeing many of the same people this weekend in Ivanhoe!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That sounds like such a great moment, next time you are home I am going to super glue that camera to your hand.

Trevor had a GREAT time seeing his Jenny again!!

Anonymous said...

It was kind of a mad rush but turned out well for Mom! I'm so glad that you were there to help celebrate...
Mom