What I have learned...

I have been working at home as a self-employed person for about two and a half months. So far, I have learned some interesting things about this arrangement:

- I wake up at six o'clock even without an alarm clock (most of the time).

- Most people think that is early, but some people think that is late (Grandma Dottie, I'm talking about you!).

- Eating lunch (and sometimes breakfast) while watching a favorite DVR'd show with Chris is a great way to spend a meal time.

- I prefer interspersing house work and errands throughout the day rather than on nights and weekends (I knew this would be true).

- I often hit my work stride between six and ten p.m. I also expected this, but it is much more pleasant to work late and walk upstairs than to have to drive home from an office.

- The days seem shorter, but I also get more done (both home and work).

- I get frustrated by offices that close at 4 p.m. And even more frustrated by people who answer the phone at 3:55 and are not able to converse because they need to leave at 4:00.

- I have never understood clock-watchers and understand them even less now!

- This has been a good situation, but I know it won't last forever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Iron Man.

Amber said...

Sounds like you really like your situatoin. Glad to hear!!

Unknown said...

I like your attitude about being home - some people would be whining (sp?) about being out of work. Also, thanks for moving iron man to the #2 position - sorry, Chris!!!